In 2018, AGC of America will celebrate 100 years of serving the construction industry. While we celebrate and recognize the past and the present, we are also looking to address the issues currently affecting the industry, in order to ensure the future of construction. In this spirit, AGC is introducing the Innovation Awards to incentivize and encourage free thinkers within the industry to provide pioneering solutions to challenges faced daily by the industry. Examples of issues needing innovative solutions include, but are not limited to:
- Workforce shortage and lack of diversity
- Technology advancements
- Jobsite safety
- Project complexity
Selected semifinalists will be invited to present for the judges at the 99th AGC Annual Convention, February 26-28, 2018, in New Orleans, LA. Semifinalists will receive two complimentary Convention registrations.
Of these semi-finalists, three finalists will be selected and invited to participate and present at the AGC Centennial Celebration, September 28 – October 1, 2018. A third, second, and grand prize winner will be determined.
The grand prize winner will be awarded a $10,000 cash prize; the second prize winner will receive $5,000; and the third prize winner will receive $2,500. Finalists will receive two complimentary Centennial Celebration registrations, along with a hotel and travel stipend. AGC will publish (e.g. Constructor Magazine, press release, etc.) information about finalists and provide a winners logo that can be added to their chapter and/or company’s website.
Applicants will be judged on the following:
- Ability to clearly identify the challenge being addressed.
- Ability to not only articulate a proposed solution, but also the originality of the solution.
- The innovation should be realistically adaptable to the industry. Describe the implied investment and expected return of the innovation.
- Identify the economic and/or social impact of the innovative solution.
- Describe the long-term implications of the innovation.
- The submission should be clear and concise, presented in a creative format and submitted via the online platform.
- Grammar, spelling and completeness of the application will be a factor in judging.
All applicants will be notified as to the status of their application in January 2018. If you have questions, please contact Sarah Gallegos at email@example.com.