In 2018, AGC of America celebrated 100 years of serving the construction industry. While we celebrated and recognized the past it is important that we continue to look to the future to address ongoing issues affecting the industry. In this spirit, AGC decided to make the Innovation Awards an annual award to incentivize and encourage free thinkers to provide pioneering solutions to industry challenges. Examples of issues needing innovative solutions include, but are not limited to:
- Workforce shortage and lack of diversity
- Technology advancements
- Jobsite safety
- Project complexity
Congratulations to our 2020 AGC Construction Innovation Award Winners!
First Place: Christman Constructors, Inc. - CopperWorks
Second Place: Sundt Construction - Slab Former
Third Place: Pepper Construction - Net Zero Trailer
Honorable Mention: Rosendin Electric - DEWALT, 20V MAX* Brushless Dual Switch Band Saws (DCS376)
Learn more about the 2020 Innovation Award winners by listening to the recently released Constructor Cast featuring the three winners.
The platform for the 2021 application is now open! The award will close Wednesday, October 30, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (ET). (There will be no exceptions.) Here is a sample of the application. There is a $250 application fee. All applicants must be an AGC member. If the innovative solution is part of a joint venture, the AGC member may apply on behalf of the team.
Applicants will be judged on the following:
- Ability to clearly identify the challenge being addressed.
- Ability to not only articulate a proposed solution, but also the originality of the solution.
- The innovation should be realistically adaptable to the industry. Describe the implied investment and expected return of the innovation.
- Identify the economic and/or social impact of the innovative solution.
- Describe the long-term implications of the innovation.
- The submission should be clear and concise, presented in a creative format and submitted via the online platform.
- Grammar, spelling and completeness of the application will be a factor in judging.
Judges will determine to the top three finalists by mid-January 2021. Those top three finalists will be invited to present to the panel of judges at the beginning of the AGC Annual Convention, March 29 - April 1, 2021 in Orlando, FL. At this time the judges will determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. The winners will be announced during the opening session of the AGC Annual Convention.
- The grand prize winner will be awarded a $7,000
- Second prize winner will receive $3,500
- Third prize winner will receive $1,500
(If the joint venture is awarded a prize, it is at the discretion of the AGC member on how to share the prize money.)
AGC will celebrate the winners by publishing (e.g. Constructor Magazine, press release, etc.) information about finalists that can be added to their chapter and/or company’s website.