Safety and Health Services
AGC members consider safety and health on job sites as a top priority in the workplace. AGC's Safety and Health Services provides a wealth of information and services on construction safety and health through our numerous safety resources.
- Agency Relations. AGC regularly engages with the Department of Labor and the Occupational Health and Safety Administration on a wide variety of issues affecting the safety and health of construction workers nationwide.
- Congressional Relations. AGC meets with influential members of Congress to implement AGC’s legislative agenda. View AGC’s full legislative and regulatory activity here.
Partnering & Coalitions
- OSHA Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health (ACCSH). The ACCSH is a continuing advisory body established by statute that provides advice and assistance in construction standards and policy matters to the Assistant Secretary. There are 15 members of this advisory body. The ACCSH meetings are open to the Public and are announced in the Federal Register and appear on this page. Additional information about Advisory Committees is found at 29 CFR 1912.
- OSHA Alliance Program Construction Roundtable. OSHA established the Roundtable to bring Construction-related Alliance Program participants together to discuss and share information on workplace safety and health. Through the Alliance Program Construction Roundtable, participants develop and share construction-related compliance assistance tools and other resources for workers and employers.
- Small Business Administration's Small Business Labor Safety Roundtable. AGC, along with OSHA, MSHA, and other industry partners, participate in small business regulatory roundtables on occupational safety and health, and mine safety and health issues hosted by the SBA Office of Advocacy.
- National Occupational Research Agenda (NORA). NORA is a partnership program to stimulate innovative research and improved workplace practices. The goal of its Construction Sector Council is to identify the most salient needs of this large and diverse sector. AGC’s membership on this Council gives NORA the opportunity to facilitate the most important research, understand the most effective intervention strategies, and learn how to implement those strategies to achieve sustained improvements in workplace practice.
- Council for Dredging and Marine Construction Safety (CDMCS). The CDMCS represents a joint effort of the dredging and marine construction industry to collectively improve industry safety standards. CDMCS is a leader in dredging and marine construction safety with a diverse membership.
- Coalition for Workplace Safety (CWS). The Coalition for Workplace Safety is a group of associations and employers who believe in improving workplace safety through cooperation, assistance, transparency, clarity, and accountability.
- AGC Safety and Health Newsletter. Receive the latest news and updates by subscribing to SafetyMatters the AGC Safety and Health Newsletter.
- AGC Safety and Health Conference. Join more than 200 industry professionals and participate in the development of regulatory and legislative activity on both a national and local levels, assist in the development and creation of new safety training programs and products and hear the latest initiatives from OSHA and other industry experts at this semi-annual conference.
- AGC Safety Publications & Products. AGC offers more than 100 safety products, such as videos, publications and training designed to improved safety and health on construction job sites.
- Safety Training. AGC provides a variety of safety and health training courses for the construction industry. Our classes, which are offered live and online, offer participants instruction and training that will allow them to return to their firms understanding the paramount function safety plays in the workplace.
- AGC Safety Awards. AGC recognizes contractor members for excellence in safety through two Awards Programs: the Construction Safety Excellence Awards (CSEA) and the National AGC Safety Awards (NASA).
Online Safety Training
- AGC of America’s online training collaboration with ClickSafety.com includes a comprehensive library of courses, many available in both English and Spanish, covering a variety of construction safety and general industry topics.
- Save 10% on all courses by visiting: https://www.agc.org/member-benefits/online-training
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com for any additional questions or information.