Construction is a major contributor to the U.S. economy. The industry has more than 680,000 employers with over 7 million employees and creates nearly $1.3 trillion worth of structures each year. Construction is one of the largest customers for manufacturing, mining and a variety of services.
AGC of America provides economic information about the construction industry through:
- The Data DIGest, a weekly one-page summary of economic news relevant to construction
- AGC's Construction Inflation Report can be accessed here
- State fact sheets covering historical and current information on construction spending and employment in each state
- Press releases and tables covering national, state and metro-level construction employment, spending, prices and special surveys
- PowerPoints, webinars and in-person presentations. Contact Chief Economist Ken Simonson for schedule.
The Key Role of Construction in Each State's Economy
AGC has compiled on the role of the construction in the economy and employment in the United States, each state and major metro areas. Click on a state to see fact sheet for it.