AGC Members and Chapters Welcome to Participate
AGC is currently recruiting for members and chapter representatives to participate in a new working group to discuss climate change and the construction industry and help advance relevant outreach and educational opportunities—applicable across the major construction markets (e.g., building, federal and heavy civil, highway and transportation, utility, etc.). The working group will meet routinely to ensure AGC is focusing on the most relevant developments in this area and providing the most appropriate and effective resources for member companies.
In 2021, the AGC Board of Directors initiated discussion on climate change opportunities and challenges for the construction industry that built on two decades of green construction initiatives and efforts within the Association. During those discussions and resultant task forces, AGC members explored supply chains implications, technology and programs, and community issues related to climate change and climate change policies. In 2023, the Board also approved the development of a new working group charged with continuing the discussion and advancing the many recommendations made by the task forces (e.g., education on impacts to materials and equipment).
AGC members and chapters interested in participating in this new working group should contact Melinda Tomaino at email@example.com by September 29th.
The working group will:
- Meet regularly to discuss current and ongoing developments;
- Advise AGC staff on emerging trends;
- Engage with external groups relevant to the mission (e.g., materials or equipment);
- Improve or add to the existing resources available online in AGC’s Climate Change Toolkit;
- Advance relevant educational and outreach resources; and
- Develop short-term resources (e.g., webinar, fact sheet, etc.).
For more information, contact Melinda Tomaino at firstname.lastname@example.org.