AGC’s volunteers are valued members who work to address industry issues, exchange ideas, and lead change to advance the industry. You and your colleagues are invited to take the next step in your AGC journey and join the volunteer pool. Complete or update the volunteer tab in your member profile by October 1 to let us know what volunteer opportunities you are interested in—such as AGC’s Environmental Committee. Beginning in 2024, there are both longer-term committee volunteer positions and shorter-term volunteer opportunities available. Make the time commitment that works for you.
The Environmental Committee’s mission is to guide and influence AGC of America’s environmental advocacy, education and outreach efforts. Volunteers serve three-year terms.
- Participate in committee task forces and work groups as needed.
- Make reports and recommendations to the executive board as needed.
- Develop policy recommendations, meetings and other events regarding matters within the scope of the committee.
- Help plan and, if possible, attend the annual AGC conference on construction and the environment.
- Meet with officials at regulatory agencies as needed
- Review legislative priorities
Take this next step to not only advance AGC and the construction industry but also contribute to the personal growth of you and your team. Interested but don’t have the time right now? Consider sharing this great opportunity with your colleagues who may be looking to get more involved. Visit www.agc.org/volunteer for details on volunteer roles and responsibilities.
If you have any questions on AGC’s Environmental Committee, please contact Melinda Tomaino at email@example.com.