This instructor guide is available on Amazon.com for $100.00.
This course is designed to be a standalone course given at the project level. The intended audience includes the foremen and supervisors on a project who will be the Last Planners. This course teaches through simulations designed to represent actual conditions encountered on a jobsite.
Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the effects of batching on production systems
- Identify the effects of pull on production systems
The course is divided into two sessions:
- Session 1 introduces Pull Production Systems and provides Pull in Construction Examples as a part of the workflow.
- Session 2 introduces the concept of production planning, as contrasted with project management. We then consider the difference between reactive and proactive control.
Instructors can access the additional materials necessary to facilitate the Lean Construction Project Team Course below.
The materials include:
- Lean Construction Project Team Course PowerPoint Presentation
- Parade of Trades Worksheets
- Light Fixture Assembly Worksheets
- Foreman Handouts
Print one set of each of these worksheets per team:
Print one set of Foreman Handouts for each student that will attend the class: