AGC of America is an authorized provider of continuing education and various professional development credits. Look to AGC to earn the continuing education necessary for your license renewal and career development.
The credentialing unit (CE/T) of AGC's Training, Education & Development (TED) Department is responsible for establishing and maintaining standards for AGC of America’s learning programs from development to delivery. This includes ensuring that training programs comply and/or exceed the criteria under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
International Association for Continuing Education and Training
The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes quality of continuing education and training.
- Audience – Anyone seeking continuing education, for example: PEs, contractors, architects, etc. (Click here for a sample list of who accepts IACET CEUs.)
- Type of Credit – Continuing Education Units (CEU)
- Programs – Annual Convention, Project Manager Course, Advanced Management Program, Advanced Safety Management Training Course, Safety Management Training Course, various webinars
American Institute of Architects
AGC of America is a Registered Provider with the American Institute of Architects Continuing Education Systems. For qualifying programs, AGC reports credit earned to CES Records for AIA members and, upon request, will provide non-AIA members with a certificate of completion.
- Audience – Architects, design professionals and members of AIA
- Type of Credit – Learning Units (LU) and Health, Safety and Welfare (HSW) LUs
- Programs – Annual Convention, Project Manager Course, Advanced Management Program, Advanced Safety Management Training Course, Safety Management Training Course, Safety and Health Conference, Lean Construction Education Program, BIM Education Program, BuildCon, various webinars
Most types of continuing education can be self-reported by individuals to the specific credentialing organization. AGC must provide a certificate of completion to each attendee who wants to receive credit, with the exception of AIA CES Learning Units which must be reported by AGC on attendees’ behalf.
American Institute of Constructors
AGC of America has been approved to offer Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits for qualifying programs by the American Institute of Constructors (AIC).
- Audience – Contractors with CPC or AC designation
- Type of Credit – Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits
- Programs – Annual Convention, Project Manager Course, Advanced Management Program, BuildCon
HR Certification Institute (HRCI)
AGC of America is an Approved-For-Credit Provider with the HR Certification Institute. Upon approval, AGC’s qualifying programs may offer recertification credit hours, in the fields of General HR or Business Management and Strategy, towards PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification.
- Audience – Human resources professionals with PHR, SPHR or GPHR certifications
- Type of Credit – Recertification Credit Hours
- Programs – Construction HR & Training Professionals Conference and preconference workshop, various webinars
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy
The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
- Audience – CPAs and financial services professionals
- Type of Credit – Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits
- Programs – Annual Convention, Financial Issues Committee Conference
U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
In association with the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) reviews and approves educational programs on a case-by-case basis. Upon approval, AGC of America offers GBCI Continuing Education hours for various curricula programs.