It is widely accepted that Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) provide multiple benefits to the construction of vertical structures. These technologies also lend themselves to provide multiple benefits to the construction of horizontal and underground projects as well. The AGC Edge virtual live offering of the BIM Education Program starting September 20th, will also delve into the arenas of Civil Information Modeling (CIM) and 3D Engineered Models for Construction.
Specific civil applications covered will be.
- Earthwork and material management.
- Enhanced accuracy in survey, layout, grading and paving.
- Underground utility locating and coordination.
- Retaining wall engineering and design
- Understanding and communication of complex structures