Watch this video to learn what participants are saying about AGC's credentialing program and find out how you can earn your own certificate.
The AGC Certificate of Management-Lean Construction (CM-Lean) is an assessment-based certificate credential that denotes knowledge and understanding of concepts related to lean adoption, practice and process transformation outlined in AGC’s Lean Construction Education Program. Successful candidates will carry the CM-Lean designation.
Eligibility Requirements: CM-Lean candidates must successfully complete the seven Lean Construction Education Program courses, provide AGC with record of completion and have an approved application in advance of exam administration. The CM-Lean exam is now available to all eligible candidates.
Fees: All fees total $575 and will be collected at one time after the candidate application is reviewed and approved.
The CM-Lean Prep Course is now available!
This optional three hour self-paced e-learning course reviews the principles of Lean Construction as taught in AGC's Lean Construction Education Program. The course is designed to supplement learner's review and study of the curriculum's seven units as they prepare for the CM-Lean exam. Course participants can assess their understanding of Lean Construction as they experience the audio and visual content and answer the 55 review questions as they progress through the seven units of the CM-Lean Exam Prep Course. The cost of this prep course is $79 for members and $99 for nonmembers.
Testing Centers: Currently there are thirty four approved testing centers:
- San Antonio AGC
- AGC of Wisconsin
- Houston Chapter AGC
- AGC of Michigan
- Maryland AGC
- MBA of Western PA
- AGC Florida East Coast Chapter
- Construction Employers Association- Cleveland Branch
- Builders Association (Chicago, IL)
- AGC Georgia
- San Diego Chapter
- AGC of New York State, LLC
- Alabama AGC
- Associated Construction Contractors of New Jersey
- Montana Contractors' Association
- AGC of Mississippi
- AGC of Massachusetts
- AGC New Mexico
- AGC Arkansas
- AGC California
- AGC of DC
- Arizona Builders Alliance
- AGC of Greater Milwaukee
- AGC of Connecticut
- AGC of Oklahoma
- Oregon-Columbia Chapter-AGC
- AGC Kansas City Chapter
- Master Builders of Iowa
- General Building Contractors Assoc.- Philadelphia
- AGC of Tennessee
- AGC of Kansas
- AGC of Minnesota
- AGC of Ohio-Cincinnati Divison
As outlined in the CM-Lean Candidate Guide, the CM-Lean Certificate is valid for three (3) years. The CM-Lean was designed to denote knowledge and understanding of concepts related to lean adoption, practice and process transformation outlined in AGC’s Lean Construction Education Program. Because Lean concepts are always evolving, individuals need to keep current with these advancements and continue their learning through continuing education.
Renewal Process for CM-Lean Holders Initial Credential Renewal Period
- Once earned, the CM-Lean Certificate is valid for an initial period of three (3) years.
- Prior to the three year anniversary of an individual first earning the credential, the CM-Lean holder must submit thirty (30) hours of Lean-related continuing education (CE hours) earned during the previous three (3) years.
Click here to review the renewal requirements for the CM-Lean.
As CM-Lean holders earn CE Hours they can submit them online through the CE portal for review.