PMC is the perfect opportunity for either the well-rounded, early-career project manager with a bright future or for a talented tradesman who has worked his or her way up to project management but could use a bit of polishing around the edges. Everyone who goes through the program has something to gain over the course of six intense days of workshops, assignments and team building activities.
Aberdeen Woods Conference Center
Register by January 25, 2016 and receive $500 off the tuition price!
$4,090 for AGC Members
$4,870 for Non-members
After January 25, 2016:
$4,590 for AGC Members
$5,370 for Non-Members
Deadline for registering is March 18, 2016
Participants must have a minimum of six years project management experience, or a BS or BA in construction management or a related field and a minimum of two years of project management experience.
- Identify the importance of pre-planning and its correlation with a company’s bottom line
- Describe how an unsafe jobsite impacts a company’s bottom line and jeopardizes future projects
- Discuss the impact of low job site productivity on the project contractor, craftsperson, project owner, and designer
- Discuss information required to evaluate and select subcontractor and vendor services and material and equipment purchases Identify ways to plan and schedule work more efficiently using Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling
- Identify legal actions, or lack thereof, that can have far-reaching legal consequences for the project manager, their company, and many others
- Explain how good cost control practices and forecast probable final project cost
- Examine the various types of project records that must be generated, tracked, and stored to increase project efficiency and prevent legal issues
Continuing Education Credits:
AGC of America is an authorized provider of CEUs and other professional development credits. Look to AGC to earn your CEUs for license renewal and career development. This course qualifies for:
4.0 IACET CEUs | The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) has been approved as an Accredited Provider by The International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, AGC has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standards which are widely recognized as standards of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider membership status, AGC is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standards.
40 AIA LUs | The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) is a Registered Provider with The American Institute of Architects Continuing Education Systems. Credit earned on completion of this program will be reported to CES Records for AIA members. Certificates of Completion for non-AIA members are available on request.
This course also qualifies for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Units by the American Institute of Constructors (AIC). In order to be eligible for CEU's program participants must attend at least 95 percent of the course, complete all course evaluations and pass the post-course assessment with a score of 75% of higher. If you have questions about obtaining CEU's please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no technology requirement. However, you will have the opportunity to download an event App to your Smart phone.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
The registration policy for AGC of America’s Management Programs (Construction Project Manager Course (PMC) and Advanced Management Program (AMP) requires payment by check or processed credit card at the time of registration. Cancellation or transfer of registration will be accepted with no penalty until thirty (30) days prior to the start of a program. A transfer fee of $150.00 will be applied to any transfers after 5:00 p.m. (ET), thirty (30) days prior to the start of a program. No refunds will be given after 5:00 p.m. (ET), thirty (30) days prior to the start of a program. All cancellations, as well as requests to change class dates or programs, must be submitted in writing to the AGC of America Convention and Meeting Services Department at email@example.com by the individual whose name appears on the registration (i.e. the program attendee). Cancellations by phone or in writing by any party other than the program attendee will not be accepted. Registrants may only transfer their registration one time. This cancellation policy is subject to change.