Unit 2: BIM Technology
This course provides a neutral introduction to BIM tools. Throughout the course, tools are introduced as they relate to the functions they perform, as well as particular phases in a project where they have the strongest capabilities. By understanding these differences, it is possible for each attendee to determine what questions need to be asked prior to making an investment in technology.
Following successful completion of Unit 2, participants will have the ability to:
- Explain the phased structure of a BIM project;
- Discuss the classes of BIM tools;
- List the more common BIM applications;
- Describe how the use of BIM tools needs to be planned and organized;
- Explain the need to embed tools into processes; and
- Develop a process for identifying and selecting BIM tools.