Unit 1: An Introduction to Building Information Modeling
This course provides an overview of BIM terminology and practices while introducing important concepts necessary to understand how BIM is changing the construction process.
Following successful completion of Unit 1, participants will have the ability to:
- Recognize the importance of BIM;
- Define common BIM terminology;
- Discuss how BIM can be used as a communication and collaboration tool;
- Explain the benefits of BIM;
- Explain the federated model process;
- Compare examples of successful BIM usage;
- Discuss issues associated with starting BIM; and
- Create a company BIM assessment.