The Service and Supply Committee will be the vehicle of choice for its members to build value with leading firms in the construction industry - nationally, regionally and locally.
The Service and Supply Committee has adopted the following purposes for the Committee:
- Be a resource for training and knowledge sharing to all elements within the Construction Industry
- Be a resource for cutting-edge business practices in the construction industry
- Be the resource and the implementation for new technology
- Be a major supporter of AGC PAC
- Serve as a conduit among other industry-related associations
- Serve as a conduit by creating a better relationship between AGC's general contractors and the supplier/service providers members who serve them.
AGC of America represents the concerns of all construction contractors, and the wide-ranging portfolio of products and services it provides is equally beneficial to service and supply members, as it is to general contractors. The Committee endeavors to empower AGC service and supply members by affording them an influential voice within the association.
In March 1997, AGC's Board of Directors approved the formation of the Supplier/Service Providers Committee. The name of the Council was changed to the Service and Supply Council in September, 2005 and then renamed, Service and Supply Council in March, 2023. The Committee was created to better serve the needs of the association's supplier/service provider members (over 10,000 members). The Service and Supply leadership team serves on AGC's Board of Directors and its chair has a seat on AGC's Board of Governors and the Board of Directors.
Participation in AGC begins with several committees which service and supply members can serve on and help direct the association's policies. Participation on committees provides for full involvement in AGC's activities. The Service and Supply Committee, traditionally meets four times a year and in-person twice annually.