Highway & Transportation
AGC-Zurich Highway Worker Safety Program
AGC of America and Zurich Services Corporation developed a program designed to increase hazard awareness and demonstrate the appropriate control measures to address highway worker safety exposures.
This material is designed to assist in mitigating highway worker safety exposures by increasing awareness of the hazards and the appropriate control measures. The program focuses
on preventing the leading causes of highway worker fatalities (Focus Four) and serious soft tissue injuries (Plus One).
The program consists of eight interactive modules on video and a fully customizable presentation that address street, road and highway work including:
- Asphalt paving
- Bridge work
- Concrete paving
- Demolition work
- Traffic control
- Earthwork and grading operations
- Short-term and mobile operations
- Utility and drainage work
MAP-21 Reauthorization Resources
- Americans for Transportation Mobility (ATM) - AGC serves on the management committee of this US Chamber of Commerce lead coalition ATM is the broad business coalition that has been formed to promote increased transportation infrastructure investment. ATM has initiated the FasterBetterSafer Campaign, a grassroots communication effort to generate support for increased federal transportation investment.
- Transportation Construction Coalition (TCC) - AGC co-chairs the TCC, a coalition of construction interests focused on highway investment and SAFETEA-LU reauthorization. In addition to "inside the beltway" advocacy, TCC annually holds a Washington Fly-In to get the attention of Congress on the need for transportation investment.
- American Highway Users Alliance (AHUA) - AGC participates in the activities of AHUA, a broad based transportation coalition founded in 1932 to advocate for the motorist and champion safe and efficient roads.