Handouts Now Available on AGC.org
The AGC Labor and Employment Law Council held its 37th Annual Construction Labor Law Symposium on May 5-6, 2022, in Washington, DC. The Council is a group of attorneys who regularly represent AGC members and chapters in labor and employment matters, and its annual symposium is held for such attorneys and chapter labor staff.
The program covered such topics as:
- Protected vs. unprotected labor strikes;
- Calculation of multiemployer pension plan withdrawal liability;
- Modular construction and implications for NLRA Sec. 8(e), prevailing wage laws, and project labor agreements (PLAs);
- Union rights to access private property;
- Lessons learned from, and continuing issues with, COVID-19;
- Pres. Biden’s executive order on PLAs; and
- Hidden risks on Davis-Bacon and PLA projects.
The program also featured presentations by guest speakers Lauren McFerran, chairman of the National Labor Relations Board, Jennifer Abruzzo, general counsel of the National Labor Relations Board, and Raj Nayak, assistant secretary for policy at the U.S. Department of Labor.
For more info, contact Denise Gold, associate general counsel, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 837-5326.