October 28, 2021, at AGC’s Headquarters in Arlington, Va.
Registration is now open for the AGC In-House Environmental Managers (IHEM) meeting on Oct. 28, 2021, in Arlington, Va. Join your peers for a day spent in discussion of solutions to the challenges on your to-do lists and based on first-hand experiences. The IHEM meeting creates a forum for environmental professionals working at construction firms to have greater peer-to-peer learning and interaction.
In-House Environmental Managers Meeting
Navy League Building
1st Floor Training Room
2300 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22201
(Location of AGC’s Headquarters.)
A series of moderated roundtable discussions among peers. No formal presentations. Meeting participants choose the topics in advance and then discuss onsite.
- October 27 – OPTIONAL DINNER - AGC will organize an optional group dinner from 7:00 p.m. to approximately 9:00 p.m. This is the first year that AGC is organizing a group dinner for those flying in the night before the meeting. AGC is charging an add-on registration fee for the dinner. The dinner fee is all inclusive: tip, beverages, entrée, etc., at a nice local restaurant. This option has been provided at similar meetings, and the attendees have found it both convenient and enjoyed having more time to network and discuss. However, the dinner is optional and you are welcome to just register for the meeting.
- October 28 – IHEM MEETING - The meeting itself will run from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 28. The association will provide breakfast items, lunch (from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.), and snacks on the day of the meeting. AGC also negotiated to include breakfast with the hotel for those using the room block.
- October 29 – FLY-IN (LIMITED) - Past members of the AGC Environmental Steering Committee are eligible to attend Steering Committee’s annual fly-in with the regulatory agencies on Friday, October 29, 2021 (8AM-3PM) at the AGC Headquarters Office. There will be a spot to RSVP for the fly-in when you register for the IHEM meeting. Past and current members of the Steering Committee only at the fly-in, please. AGC will confirm eligibility.
Click here to register. Registration is open to professionals working in-house on environmental issues at construction firms. To ensure active discussion/participation, space for this meeting is limited. The registration fee of $199 covers breakfast items (AGC also negotiated a full breakfast for hotel guests as part of the AGC rate), lunch, and snacks/refreshments. The separate, add-on registration fee for Wednesday evening’s dinner is $125. Once you complete the process, the system should send you an email confirming your registration. If you do not get a confirmation, please contact AGC’s Crystal Yates at (703) 837-5437 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To reserve a room in AGC block in the Hyatt Place Arlington, 2401 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, Virginia, simply click here: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/virginia/hyatt-place-arlington-courthouse-plaza/wasza?corp_id=G-AGCE– or call 1- (888) 591-1234 and ask the clerk for one of the rooms reserved for the “AGC Environmental Meeting.” The group code is G-AGCE.
- The link for the room block rate is just for contracted dates of October 27-29. If you need additional nights, please contact the hotel directly and they will assist with your reservation.
- The cutoff date for reserving a room in the AGC room block is October 13.
- In advance of the meeting, AGC will reach out to everyone registered for the event, in an effort to identify priorities for the agenda.
- At any time, you are more than welcome to send Melinda Tomaino – email@example.com any suggested agenda items you may have.
For more information, contact Melinda Tomaino at firstname.lastname@example.org.