On October 18, AGC submitted recommendations to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), highlighting the regulatory burden on the construction industry and offered specific program modifications and solutions relating to performing work with USACE. Among AGC recommendations are:
- Merging NEPA/ CWA Section 404 permitting;
- Reforms to Ease “Chokepoints” in 404 Program;
- Reforming the Nationwide General Permits: acreage limits and pre-construction notification thresholds;
- Clarifying and expanding the exemption for work in roadside ditches;
- Improving USACE partnering with the Construction Industry; and
- Reforming Safety Officer Accreditations.
AGC will continue to advocate for practical and real reforms with the federal agencies and congress. To access AGC’s recommendations referenced above, click here.