|On January 29, in accordance with the January 20, 2009, White House memorandum entitled "Regulatory Review" and the Office of Management and Budget memorandum entitled, "Implementation of Memorandum Concerning Regulatory Review," EPA delayed the effective date of these SPCC amendments to April 4, 2009 (instead of February 3, 2009) so that these rules can be reviewed and approved by the administration of President Barack Obama. EPA is requesting public comment on the delay of the effective date.|
- An alternative to the general secondary containment requirement for qualified oil-filled operational equipment.
- Exemption of mobile refuelers from the sized secondary containment requirements for bulk storage containers.
|In accordance with the January 20, 2009, White House memorandum entitled "Regulatory Review," EPA has withdrawn the SPCC Compliance Dates Final Rule (just signed in mid-January) from the EPA Web site and from publication within the Federal Register, pending further Agency review.|
- All navigable waters of the United States, as defined in judicial decisions before passage of the 1972 Amendments to the CWA and tributaries of such waters,
- Interstate waters,
- Intrastate lakes, rivers, and streams that are utilized by interstate travelers for recreation or other purposes, and
- Intrastate lakes, rivers, and streams from which fish or shellfish are taken and sold in interstate commerce.