COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS): A COLLECTION OF ARTICLES, RESOURCES ON INSURING AGAINST THE BUSINESS RISK
* Click here to access AGC of America’s main COVID-19 Web page with additional resources and information, updated regularly.
Insurance Considerations & Strategies
- Coronavirus Insurance Coverage and Claims Guidance, Lockton Companies – click here and here
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions, USI – click here and here
- Gallagher Report: Responding to the Coronavirus, Gallagher – click here
- Alliant Report: Coronavirus Contractor Strategy Checklist, Alliant Insurance Services, Inc. – click here and here
- What Should Construction Risk Managers Be Considering in Light of the COVID-19 Pandemic? Willis Towers Watson – click here (posted with permission from Bill Creedon, Global Head of Construction)
Quantifying Delay and Cost Impacts
Regardless of insurance coverage applicability, contractors should measure all financial impacts of COVID-19. The attachments below offer key tips to quantifying impacts from the event.
- Checklist: Documenting Project Shutdowns/Delays, Procor Solutions + Consulting – click here
- Worksheet: Project Delay Cost Estimate, Procor Solutions + Consulting – click here
Insurance policies that may respond to the COVID-19 outbreak may include the following (check with your insurance broker to confirm coverages):
1. Property/Business Interruption
- Business Interruption Challenges [Checklist], Saxe Doernberger & Vita – click here and here
Am I Covered? Business Interruption and Extra Expense Coverage for Clients Facing Losses Associated with Coronavirus (COVID-19), Oles Morrison Rinker & Baker LLP – click here
- Builder's Risk Considerations During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Willis Towers Watson - click here (posted with permission from Bill Creedon, Global of Construction)
2. Workers’ Compensation Policy
- COVID-19: Workers Compensation Response, Liberty Mutual Insurance – click here
- Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in U.S. Casualty Claims, AON – click here
- COVID-19 and Workers Compensation: What You Need to Know – Frequently Asked Questions UPDATE, The National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) – click here and here
- To find out whether your state is one of the many that NCCI serves, simply click here.
- The FAQs include links to the legislative activity that NCCI is tracking at both the state level (Answer to Question 2) and in Washington (Answer to Question 12).
- NCCI Changes to Workers’ Compensation in Light of COVID-19, Alliant Insurance Services, Inc. – click here
- WCIRB Changes to Workers’ Compensation in Light of COVID-19, Alliant Insurance Services, Inc. – click here
3. Environmental Insurance
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Environmental Insurance Coverage Considerations, Willis Towers Watson – click here (posted with permission from Robin Keliher, SVP and National Environmental Claims Director)
4. Management Liability
5. Cyber Insurance
- Pandemic Disease Cyber Insurance Potential Coverage Overview, Alliant Insurance Services, Inc. – click here
6. Subcontractor Default
COVID-19 Impacts on Subcontractor Default Insurance and Ripple Effects, Smith Currie & Handcock – click here
COVID-19 AND SUBCONTRACTOR DEFAULT INSURANCE: What to do NOW, in 3 Days & in 3 Months, Alliant Guide for Claims Avoidance and Mid-Crisis Management – click here
- Coronavirus-Related Subcontractor Default Risks? What you should know and how you can mitigation the risk, Lockton Companies – click here
* Please contact Leah Pilconis if you have an article or resource on insurance-related issues/factors that construction companies need to consider as they strive for business continuity.
3/30/2020: Insurance Coverage and Claims for Losses Resulting from the Outbreak
To access the slides and recording, click here. You will have to enter your AGC credentials to access the information. Please note that this webinar was part of AGC's 8-part webinar series on the “Factors that Construction Companies Need to Consider, as They Strive for Business Continuity.”
COVID-19 RESOURCES FOR CONTRACT ISSUES
Click here to access.