Construction Law in Brief
The Construction Law in Brief provides you the latest in construction law and contract information in one handy and free resource brought you by AGC and leading construction law firms, Jones Walker LLP, Peckar & Abramson, Pepper Hamilton LLP, and Smith, Currie & Hancock LLP.
AGC Contract Documents Forum (CDF)
AGC's CDF is recognized as the leader in providing and continually improving upon balanced contract documents for the construction industry by:
- Being aware of the needs and concerns of AGC members and chapters.
- Advocating equitable risk allocation between Designers, Owners, Contractors, Subcontractors and Sureties.
- Actively participating in the creation and endorsement of a comprehensive family of documents and educating all parties in their use.
- Providing critical information to the industry on contract documents issues.
- Reinforcing AGC's commitment to skill, responsibility and integrity through contracts.
Instructions on how to join the AGC Contract Documents Forum can be found here.
Through the AGC Contract Documents Forum, AGC is a founding sponsor and endorser of ConsensusDocs. ConsensusDocs publishes 100+ standard contract documents that represent best practices and fair risk allocation for all parties. In addition to publishing contracts, ConsensusDocs is a leader in providing the industry with relevant construction law resources.
Many aspects of construction are regulated by law covering public as well as private construction work. AGC has worked with the ABA Forum on Construction Law to create the AGC/ABA Construction State Law Matrix, the most comprehensive and concise resource available for quickly locating information on state laws affecting public or private construction projects. Updated annually by the American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law, your subscription provides searchable online information for all fifty states, DC, and Puerto Rico, which can be easily sorted by state or topic area.
Construction Law Resources
- AGC sponsors and help programs Construction Superconference.