ConsensusDocs Provides Contractual Resources to Help Address Price Escalation Issues due to Soaring Prices of Materials and Supply Shortages
Today’s construction is facing spikes in prices that threaten builders’ financial viability. As the leader of construction contract documents with an unprecedented Coalition of leading construction organizations to draw upon, ConsensusDocs has compiled resources addressing price escalation.
Construction Law in Brief
The Construction Law in Brief provides you the latest in construction law and contract information in one handy and free resource brought you by AGC and leading construction law firms, Jones Walker LLP, Peckar & Abramson, Smith, Currie & Hancock LLP, Fox Rothschild LLP, and Watt,Tieder, Hoffar, & Fitzgerald, LLP.
AGC Contract Documents Forum (CDF)
AGC's CDF provides leadership in the construction industry providing and improving upon balanced contract documents that incorporate best practices by:
- Being aware of the needs and concerns of AGC members and chapters.
- Advocating equitable risk allocation between Designers, Owners, Contractors, Subcontractors and Sureties.
- Actively participating in the creation and endorsement of a comprehensive family of documents and educating all parties in their use.
- Providing critical information to the industry on contract documents issues.
- Reinforcing AGC's commitment to skill, responsibility and integrity through contracts.
Instructions on how to join the AGC Contract Documents Forum can be found here.
Many aspects of construction are regulated by law covering public as well as private construction work. AGC works with the ABA Forum on Construction Law to update the AGC/ABA Construction State Law Matrix, the most comprehensive and concise resource for quickly locating information on state laws affecting public or private construction projects. Updated annually by the American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law, your subscription provides searchable online information for all fifty states, DC, and Puerto Rico, which can be easily sorted by state or topic area. See Video Overview of the AGC/ABA State Law Matrix.
Construction Law Meetings
- AGC sponsors and help programs Construction Superconference.