Last Modified: December 19, 2014
By subscribing to and/or otherwise participating in any of AGC of America's e-mail discussion groups or discussion boards (“e-Forums”), you agree to the following terms and conditions. Violation of these terms may result in temporary or permanent revocation of participation privileges, with or without prior warning.
- Participation is limited to AGC member firms and to AGC national and chapter staff. Nonmembers of AGC may not participate. If your employment with a member firm, AGC chapter, or AGC of America terminates, you must unsubscribe immediately. (To permanently unsubscribe from the list, send an e-mail message to the list owner with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line.) AGC reserves the right to permit or deny participation in its sole discretion, regardless of membership status.
- The posting of marketing, commercial, defamatory, abusive, profane, religious, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials is inappropriate and prohibited.
- The responsibility of the posting content lies entirely with the poster. AGC does not take responsibility for inappropriate (including illegal) postings and does not undertake editorial control of postings. AGC reserves the right to take action on inappropriate postings, including, without limitation, the editing, refusal to post, or removal of any material or posting and/or the restriction or exclusion of any individual from further use of the e-Forum(s).
- Messages posted in an e-Forum should be relevant to the entire group. Messages that are personal in nature are prohibited. Response messages sent to an individual member of the group will be presumed to have been sent to the individual rather than to the group address in error and are subject to being forwarded to the group, unless the message clearly states that is to be kept private.
- For the purposes of privacy and protection, a comment by another member of the e-Forum shall not be quoted outside the group or used with attribution to that person or his or her organization without the individual's consent to do so. AGC reserves the right to disclose any material or posting or information to the extent necessary to comply with any applicable law or regulation or subpoena or lawful governmental request.
- When posting a contribution that includes any materials from another source, the poster shall obtain all necessary permissions from the author or publisher of the material in advance of the posting. If the posting is not so authorized, then the source materials should not be posted, but may be summarized, if credit is given to the author/publisher and the readers are directed to the original source. By posting material, the posting party warrants that he or she has all rights necessary to do so, including copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights, and grants AGC the nonexclusive, irrevocable license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or material in any manner, without payment.
- E-Forums shall not be utilized in any manner that violates federal or state antitrust laws, or other laws prohibiting anticompetitive practices. (Such laws generally prohibit joint activity or agreements by competitors that unreasonably restrain trade or restrict the exercise of independent business judgment in pricing products or services, dealing with customers and suppliers, and selecting markets in which to compete. No express agreement or understanding is required; one can be inferred from statements or conduct.) Do not post any information regarding specific prices or fees charged or paid, and do not post any information concerning prices, pricing practices, discounts, or other terms or conditions of sale either obtained by or offered to another entity. Do not post any information concerning market shares, salaries, costs, sales territories, profit margins, or encouraging the selection or rejection of customers or suppliers. Certain types of agreements established in a collective bargaining context are exempted from the antitrust laws. E-Forums may be used to discuss employee wages and benefits in a general manner to the extent permitted by law. Compliance with antitrust and other laws is the sole responsibility of the e-Forum participant.
- AGC reserves the right to revise and/or supplement these rules.
Thank you for reading and abiding by these terms. We hope that you will actively participate in your AGC e-Forum and that you will find it to be a valuable tool.