AGC works with the Legislative Action Committee to set the legislative agenda every two years, to coincide with the start of each new congressional session. Issues are added or removed from the legislative agenda based on three factors: the top issues of importance for a majority of AGC members, the timeliness of each individual issue and the achievability of success.
Once the legislative agenda is set, AGC's government affairs subject matter experts create one-pagers to provide talking points for issues currently moving through the legislative or regulatory process. Subject matter experts focus on issue areas such as: infrastructure funding, labor, tax, federal procurement, environment and safety.
Federal Contracting Issues
- Oppose the Blacklisting Executive Order
- Support Civilian “BRAC”
- Support Procurement Reform
- Oppose Government-Mandated Project Labor Agreements
- Support Career & Technical Education
- Support the Composite Plan Design for Multiemployer Pension Plans
- Oppose Executive Order on Paid Sick Leave
- Fully Fund Transporation Programs & Fix the Highway Trust Fund
- Support the Water Resources Development Act