The Young Constructors Associate (YCA) membership is designed to serve as an interim step for recent college graduates who have received a construction-related degree from an accredited program. The goal is to provide new industry entrants with a connection to AGC of America until such time as they find employment within an AGC member firm.
An individual may hold a YCA membership in AGC of America only during the first 10 years following their graduation date. An individual may hold such a membership for no more than 7 of those 10 years.
The YCA is a national membership and not a Chapter membership. AGC of America encourages YCA members to get involved in their local AGC Chapter as much as that Chapter allows and, when hired by a firm, encourages membership with the local AGC Chapter.
In order to qualify for YCA membership, an individual must:
- Have graduated from a higher education institution with an accredited program in building science, construction management, or civil or other construction-related engineering within the past 10 years;
- Pay annual dues (for up to 7 years) – Years 1 & 2, $26.28/year; Year 3 & 4, $52.56; Years 5-7, $78.83/year.
YCA member benefits
(These are AGC of America benefits and do not provide any benefit or specific service or access to the AGC at the local Chapter level.)
- Member prices on all AGC of America products, programs & services, including Webinars and Annual Convention registration;
- A complimentary subscription to Constructor Magazine and AGC’s News & Views Newsletter. Plus, members have access to a variety of e-forums and e-newsletters on specific industry related topics, such as safety, the environment, and training & education.
- Access to a variety of programs that offer practical tools to further your career while earning Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for your professional certifications. Taught by highly qualified instructors, graduates of AGC’s educational programs are setting the pace of business for today’s construction industry.
- Opportunities to meet and build relationships with fellow professionals, owners, and suppliers. AGC members stay “in the know” through a comprehensive array of forums, programs, e-forums, and events to meet their networking needs.
- Members-only access to AGC’s Web site (www.agc.org), which includes valuable information pertaining to all areas of the commercial construction industry.